Thursday, February 27, 2014

Fly Fishing New Zealand - Hosted Week 2 Report

Week two saw the group head to the central South Island. We were based out of Twziel and local guide Steve Carey provided some great hospitality as always. Fishing was up and down through the week. A lot of anglers were around with the Waitangi day public holiday midweek. But as usual in New Zealand there is plenty of water to go around and always a spectacular place to fish. We've had some nice feedback from our clients on this trip which is detailed below along with some images of the weeks fishing…..




Hi Matt,

Just thought I would send you a quick email now that the dust has settled and I am acclimatised to the cold weather! I just wanted to say what a great week I had with you, and what great company we all shared. I will never forget looking down the Ahurri valley, with Tussock Cicada,s chirping in the background and the beautiful crystal clear river.

Having been to NZ before, I thought it was a great priviledge to be guided by yourself, Steve Carey and of course Paul Procter. I thought I was passionate about flyfishing but Paul was something else,totally focused. I will always treasure memories of that huge fish he caught that day and how he coaxed it into his net. Can you also say from myself a huge thankyou to Steve Carey,a great host and a fantastic guide. Fishing with Steve, with Mt Cook in the background is a memory that will always be remembered for a long, long time.

Thank you again Matt for an absolutely fantastic time.
Steve.

S.Dowling, UK




Hi Matt,

We are in Christchurch airport having had a wonderful time again in NZ! Your two weeks were truly wonderful thank you! Fantastic memories.

All the best,
Sarah Hodgkin, UK




 FOR MORE INFORMATION ON FLY FISHING IN NEW ZEALAND OR JOINING ON OF OUR HOSTED TRIPS PLEASE CALL US ON +44 (0)16217 743711 OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE: www.flyodyssey.co.uk OR EMAIL: enquiries@flyodyssey.co.uk




No comments: