Tuesday, February 21, 2012

New Zealand Fly Fishing Hosted Trip Report 2012

Have just arrived back in the office after another hosted trip to New Zealand. We had a very enjoyable two weeks fly fishing in New Zealand's south island with many big fish caught and some fantastic dry fly opportunities for the guys. The group were a great bunch and took the demanding nature of fly fishing in New Zealand in their stride and had some great success.



On the fishing front we had some great cicada dryfly fishing to large sighted trout. Dormer Treffry landed his first 'trophy' brown trout weighing a 10 1/4 lbs. Paul Procter managed his largest river caught wild brown trout with the fishing weighing 8 1/2 pounds. One the same day he also had another 8lb er. He also had several other fish over 7lb's. In total the group landed 7 fish over 8lb and a large number of fish over 6lb.





Comments from they guys on the trip really make all the hard work worthwhile.....

"Incredible. Fantastic. Marvellous. Superb. What can I say to describe a holiday of a lifetime. Although I have been with you before, this was even better. It is Almost as if you have had a word with the fish so that I can see them. To provide me with 3 over 8lbs in one day was a day I will never forget, especially as the best was a trophy (10.25lbs). Thank you for looking after me so well, providing superb accommodation, most with WiFi, and of course feeding me so well. Thank you for providing such great guides who dealt with my slow pace so admirably. Beautiful scenery, fishable rivers with plenty of very fat fish and the rare birds to admire.

Thank you Mat so much.

Dormer Treffry, France

-----------------------------------
Hi Matt,

Back in hot sweaty Perth. Anyway, just a short note to say thank you very much for a great weeks fishing. You and the fellas were great company and the fishing was magic. As I said, the best fishing trip I've ever been on!! I'll send something more substantial once i feel better.

Cavan McCann, Australia

The pictures below show some of the highlights but not all of the memories. I will post up Paul Procter's report on the trip in the Next few days.

Best Regards
Mat









No comments: