Friday, July 5, 2013

Varzina River Lodge, Russia - Client feedback

Some words from Chris Ward after his regular week on Varzina River Lodge.....

Hi Mat,

Good to hear from you! It was a cracking trip thanks.  I think we had 75 fish for the week and I had 17 of them so no complaints from me.  There were a couple of blanks amongst the guests but everyone else seemed to catch.


I caught fish every day and in every pool.  Highlight of the week was an eight fish day on Drosdovka with a night in their tented camp (a nice contrast to main camp - very peaceful and rustic and a bit of an adventure)and a 17kg fish from Varzina, Big Falls....picture attached.


Overall I think things were fine.  We didn't get met by anyone at the airport until about 90 minutes after we arrived which was a bit of a shame.  We then had to wait ages for our chopper to come in due to bad weather. 
Not being met was a bit of a contrast with the other groups!!

The camp was in reasonably good shape and all the guides did an excellent job. There was some grumbling about the fishing rota because it was not published up front and in advance by Alex.  To be fair, I don't think this is because he is favouring the russian guests, rather, he is just trying to say yes to everyone which doesn't always work.

Overall, I had a great trip and Alex told me my big fish qualifies me for another 30% discount next year so I guess that's me signed up for another year!!

Thanks and speak soon
Chris




No comments: