Saturday, October 6, 2007

Fly Odyssey at the Denver Show 2007


I was fortunate enough to be at the Denver Flyfishing Retailers Show this year. An awesome event it encompasses everything to do with tackle and the fly industry. Watch out for new rods from all the major manufacturers and even some from reel manufacturers!

Associated with Sage, I got to cast all of the new ZXL range and can honestly say I have found several of my new favourite all time rods! These rods will cast at all ranges beautifully and with accuracy, ideal for New Zealand's spooky browns!

I was really pleased to catch up with Zach Mathews from the Itinerant Angler, with whom I podcast earlier this year on fly fishing opportunities in New Zealand.


Going to international events such as this and staying abreast of the most recent developments in the tackle industry, has allowed me to be better informed with best buys and top gear for all things flyfishing. Check out the American Angler magazine website who took the time to video all the stall holders to see all the latest developments.

No comments: